Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option 61 D channels are down....help please

I recently was put into a position where I am in charge of the telephone system at my place of employment and I have no Nortel training.

Any help is appreciated; I came into the office to find that both D channels on our PR!'s are down,verifed by our carrier, and I have no idea of how to re-enable them from our Option 61. Can someone please help me get them going again?

Re: Option 61 D channels are down....help please

Go into LD 96 and type STAT DCH. Then type ENL DCH XX (XX is the D channel that is down.) Good luck. This is a tall order for a novice. In most cases the DS1 is down and requires intervention by the local carrier.

Comment

You can also disable the D-Channels in LD 96 DIS DCH XX then go to LD 60 and disable the Lop associated with the Down D-Channel and reset the T-1 the D-Channel will auto establish and the T-1 will come back on Line if your PRI card shows yellow it is the outside vender if it is red it is on your end (99% of the time. Good luck

Comment

I am wondering if someone can help me out. We are changing our long distance carrier from one vendor to another one. I need to know where would I go to look up the current configuration in the PBX. Can anyone provide me any feedback on how to obtain this information?

Thanks

Comment

You should open another thread for your question and not piggy back, but you can look and gather information from several places.

LD 20 - Print your Trunks
          LD 21 - Print your LTM, RDB configurations
          LD 60 - Stat your current loop
          LD 96 - Print your DCH configurations

You should get your system documented very well for a disaster and do not wait for upgrades.

Comment

I need assistance in programming the D Channel, the company wants to move from the existing T-1 circuit to a PRI, and I have no knowledge of how to program the D channel to support this move

Comment

• This reply by jlporter25 has been deleted by Admin
            Working...
            X