Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Merlin Legend Mail

I've been given the task of setting up a Legend system, which was obtained from a now defunct company. Generally, the existing setup seems to be OK for our needs, but I don't know how to reset the voice mail mailboxes. It's not too good to have the phone auto-answer with another companies' greeting <g>. I have a DOS version of the SPM software that came with the phone (version 6.25), if that helps. I don't see a way to reset the passwords for the stations, or reset the main voice greeting. The system is a Merlin Legend 6.1 V11.0. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Darryl

Re: Help with Merlin Legend Mail

Originally posted by dsnover
    I've been given the task of setting up a Legend system, which was obtained from a now defunct company. Generally, the existing setup seems to be OK for our needs, but I don't know how to reset the voice mail mailboxes. It's not too good to have the phone auto-answer with another companies' greeting <g>. I have a DOS version of the SPM software that came with the phone (version 6.25), if that helps. I don't see a way to reset the passwords for the stations, or reset the main voice greeting. The system is a Merlin Legend 6.1 V11.0. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Darryl
    SPM is only for programming the telephone system, the voicemail system is programmed through touch tones. You can download the merlin legend mail manual by going to support.avaya.com, select messaging on the frame at the left. Then select messaging systems for merlin legend, merlin legend mail.

Cephas

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas
      SPM is only for programming the telephone system, the voicemail system is programmed through touch tones. You can download the merlin legend mail manual by going to support.avaya.com, select messaging on the frame at the left. Then select messaging systems for merlin legend, merlin legend mail.

Cephas
      Thanks Cephas,

OK, got a manual, seems clear. I have been provided with a password for the 9997 admin line, but can't use option 9, as the password I've been given doesn't work there. I was hoping it was the same password as the administrators section, but doesn't seem to be so. Is there a way to do a master-reset of the voice mail system? Or, is there a way to obtain or reset the passwords?

I don't mind resetting the VM system to factory default if I have to, but the setup is generally OK, except the prompts are for the wrong company (DOH!)

Thanks again,

Darryl

Comment

Thanks Cephas,

OK, got a manual, seems clear. I have been provided with a password for the 9997 admin line, but can't use option 9, as the password I've been given doesn't work there. I was hoping it was the same password as the administrators section, but doesn't seem to be so. Is there a way to do a master-reset of the voice mail system? Or, is there a way to obtain or reset the passwords?

I don't mind resetting the VM system to factory default if I have to, but the setup is generally OK, except the prompts are for the wrong company (DOH!)

Thanks again,

Darryl
        If the password you've been given is 123456, then try 654321 for the administration password. Or vice-versa if the one you have is 654321. These are the default passwords, common to find they've not been changed.

Cephas

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas
          If the password you've been given is 123456, then try 654321 for the administration password. Or vice-versa if the one you have is 654321. These are the default passwords, common to find they've not been changed.

Cephas
          Unfortunately, they have been changed :( What is the next option? I can get into the first level [9997#], but not from there to the [9] option, which it seems is where I really need to be. I've tried both the above suggestions, the first level password, and the first level password reversed...

Was there ever a back-door to the voice-mail module? (taboo question, I know)

-Darryl

Comment

Unfortunately, they have been changed :( What is the next option? I can get into the first level [9997#], but not from there to the [9] option, which it seems is where I really need to be. I've tried both the above suggestions, the first level password, and the first level password reversed...

Was there ever a back-door to the voice-mail module? (taboo question, I know)

-Darryl
            no, but email me peters@toneperformance.com and I'll see what I can do for you.

Cephas

Comment

OK, next 'ignorant' question. I've gotten the required password for the administrator, so that is good. (I managed to get in touch with someone who knew the password). I have the voice mail setup manual, but can't seem to find out how to change the greetings that callers get when they call in. Seems like it should be easy to change the auto-attendant greeting, but I don't even see it in the menu hierarchy. What menu choices, or, how do I change the message that callers get?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but seems like this should be easy.

BTW, Thanks, Cephas, for the help you've been able to give.

-Darryl

Comment

OK, next 'ignorant' question. I've gotten the required password for the administrator, so that is good. (I managed to get in touch with someone who knew the password). I have the voice mail setup manual, but can't seem to find out how to change the greetings that callers get when they call in. Seems like it should be easy to change the auto-attendant greeting, but I don't even see it in the menu hierarchy. What menu choices, or, how do I change the message that callers get?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but seems like this should be easy.

BTW, Thanks, Cephas, for the help you've been able to give.

-Darryl
                OK, you get into mailbox 9997, then you press 9, and enter another password. Now you should get a menu of options. Option 3 is Auto Attendants. If you're set up for "multiple auto attendants" you will be prompted to enter the auto attendant number, 1 to 3; other wise you just get to the next prompt, enter 1 for Day, 2 for Night, 3 for Submenus, 4 for Announcements. So press 1 or 2, and you get 2 to Listen, 6 to Modify. Press 6 to modify, and you are prompted to "enter a selector code from 1 to 9". If you just want to change the message, press *# to get to the next step. Now you are told what the "dial 0/timeout option" is, and an opportunity to change it. If it is OK, just press #, and finally, you get to press 1 to record a new greeting for the auto attendant. Wait for the beep, record the message, and press 1 at the end. 23 plays the message back, if it is OK, press *# to approve, or 21 to re-record.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchToneTommy
                  OK, you get into mailbox 9997, then you press 9, and enter another password. Now you should get a menu of options. Option 3 is Auto Attendants. If you're set up for "multiple auto attendants" you will be prompted to enter the auto attendant number, 1 to 3; other wise you just get to the next prompt, enter 1 for Day, 2 for Night, 3 for Submenus, 4 for Announcements. So press 1 or 2, and you get 2 to Listen, 6 to Modify. Press 6 to modify, and you are prompted to "enter a selector code from 1 to 9". If you just want to change the message, press *# to get to the next step. Now you are told what the "dial 0/timeout option" is, and an opportunity to change it. If it is OK, just press #, and finally, you get to press 1 to record a new greeting for the auto attendant. Wait for the beep, record the message, and press 1 at the end. 23 plays the message back, if it is OK, press *# to approve, or 21 to re-record.
                  Thanks! That's the ticket. :D

Comment

Working...
                  X