Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call not Disconnecting

Hi, I have a small office edtion 2.0 and i have a problem with calls not disconnection on loop start trunks when using auto attending
    Question (1) do the small office edtion support Ground start. I had the CO change the the lines from loop start to ground start and i was unable to place any calls only recieve calls.
    Ist there any device i can purchases to put in front of the line to detect pusy tone and disconnect the calls

Re: Call not Disconnecting

The SOE does not support ground start. Have the carrier change back to loop start and send you a reliable disconnect signal. Also, in your line forms on the analog tab, tick "disconnect clear"

Peter

Comment

The problem is that the centrel office don't provide disconnect supervision on loopstart trunks, they say they to but that's a lie. A while back someone told me that there is abox that you can put in fromt of your line call busy tone detector that will fix that problem have you here of this box.

Comment

Originally posted by mevans
        The problem is that the centrel office don't provide disconnect supervision on loopstart trunks, they say they to but that's a lie. A while back someone told me that there is abox that you can put in fromt of your line call busy tone detector that will fix that problem have you here of this box.
        Are you way out in the sticks? I've seen very rare occasions where the DS signal didn't make it out to very rural places. What country are you in?

If you try to go with a 3rd party solution like you're describing be prepared for your trunks to be locked up for 1-5 minutes after the end of every call.

Did you have the "disconnect clear" option checked under the analog tab of the lines form when the CO claimed to be sending reliable disconnect on the LS lines?

If you really want to use a 3rd party box in front I would use a GS to LS converter, but you shouldn't need to go that route.

Peter

Comment

I am in the bahamas and this is a known problem in the bahamas with loop start trunks. Dialing out or recieving a call is not that bad the real problem is when the customer used Auto Attendant that's when all hell break lose. This is the worse i have seen it usuall on other system if the auto attend answer and you are routed to an extension that has no voice mail the call will keeping ringing at the extension until someone release the call. but with the IP office SE every call is locking up the trunks.

Comment

Ok, makes much more sense now that I know where you are. As previously mentioned, I would go with a GS to LS adapter in your situation. I have NOT used this product, but it seems like it should work for you:

http://www.gkinc.com/OverviewGS1.htm

Peter

Comment

Thanks, this might just work.

Comment

I read int info on this box and it seem like it will convert the line form loop start to ground start. I need it to convert from ground stars to loop start , the ip office only take loop start trunks.

Comment

They have both models, but pretty sure I sent you the right one - it takes ground start trunks from the carrier and outputs loops start to go into the IPO.

"The GS-1 Loop Start to Ground Start Converter allows equipment designed for connection to standard loop start telephone circuits to operate with ground start telephone circuits."

Peter

Comment

Thanks anain i spoke wit the company and he confirm that this will work
                    Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X