Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please: Connect IPO with Centrex Line

Hi Gurus,

I am really a rookie to IP Office, but I got a tough assignment.

The customer wants to connect IP Office to Centrex Line. That is feasible. The key question is that they still want to use their voicemail system. If there is a new voice message, the user terminal should be notified using Message Waiting Illumination, such as Message Waiting Lamp on the terminal.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

rookie
    Last edited by rookie; September 3rd, 2004, 04:49 PM.

Re: Help please: Connect IPO with Centrex Line

VM will be a problem. you willnot be able to light the msg lamp on the phone, If you use seondary dial tone whrn making out bound calls they MAY notices a broken dial tone.

Comment

Originally posted by IPGuru
      VM will be a problem. you willnot be able to light the msg lamp on the phone, If you use seondary dial tone whrn making out bound calls they MAY notices a broken dial tone.

Thanks. I searched online, there are some products called "Stutter Dial Tone and FSK Message Waiting Indicator". It is claimed to work with CO based voicemail. Will it work if it connect to the line, i.e., the user seems to have two devices (phone and msg indicator, kind of ugly) ?

Thanks.

rookie

Comment

VERY ugly. At this point why are you bothering to install a phone system for them, they obviously don't really want it?

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas
          VERY ugly. At this point why are you bothering to install a phone system for them, they obviously don't really want it?

Peter
          That is a very good question to ask. They want to use Centrex VM and IPO features.

rookie

Comment

Why not use VMLite? It's free, and will turn on message waiting lights on phones. Or VMPro, which can do WAY more than their centrex voicemail could even dream of.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X