Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Office 2.1 and Transtalk 9040

I see some have done this already, is there a external power supply or something I need to power the radio receiver? I assume this thing gets power from the station port, but I can't get it to do it. Any suggestions?

Re: IP Office 2.1 and Transtalk 9040

It looks like the DRM was configured to run on a partner. It is now on an IP office, and I can't get the DRM to pwerup to change it to Magix config. PLEASE HELP

Comment

I used an 1151 Power supply to power the unit, got it up, but it still doesn't work. I get either "Failed. DRM Conflict" when I try to change it to Magix. OR I get No DRM found. It will not dicover on the IP 403 port, nor any DS port on.

Comment

There are two flavors of transtalk, one that is designed to work on the partner (or legend ATL port or magix ETR port), and one designed to work on the magix TDL port or definity DCP port (and therefore an IP Office). They contain different hardware. If your transtalk worked on a partner it will not work on the IP Office, you have to install the model designed for Magix TDL ports (44xx ports).

Peter

Comment

Just wanted to give an update on this:

Peter, you were absolutlety right. Swapped out the DRM to definity capable DRM and, Came right up perfectly.

Only issue is that customer upgraded from old Merlin, and was ensured (by even our Avaya rep) that they they could re-use those transtalk phones. As you pointed out, that is NOT the case.

You can source just the DRM though, this will get tougher since transtalk is end of life product.

Comment

Originally posted by cbennett912
            ...this will get tougher since transtalk is end of life product.
            And rightfully so! Never a big fan of that thing :)

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X