Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial Plan Analysis

In our system we have 0 defined as 1 digit attd. I would like to use the 0 range as extensions also. If I add 08 4 digits ext it allows me to build the extension (08nn) and dial it but when I dial 0 for attendant I get an intercept. Any ideas on how to fet around this please?

Re: Dial Plan Analysis

Originally posted by dlgouse
    In our system we have 0 defined as 1 digit attd. I would like to use the 0 range as extensions also. If I add 08 4 digits ext it allows me to build the extension (08nn) and dial it but when I dial 0 for attendant I get an intercept. Any ideas on how to fet around this please?
    First question: Why on earth would you want to do this?

.al.

Comment

Trying to avoid having to change over to a 5 digit dial plan at this point. We have some g350's going in and the Telco has a limited range of available numbers. I know I could do a digit conversion at the PRI level but this seemed the easier softer way. Perhaps I'm all wet o this one.

Comment

Originally posted by dlgouse
        I know I could do a digit conversion at the PRI level ...
        ... which would be my recommendation unless you're ready to go 5 digits.

In my previous life as a customer, I INSISTED that the phone company come up with another DID range and threatened to take my business elsewhere unless they did. It always worked.

.al.

Comment

Digit coversion either on the PBX or through the Teleco on the PRI IS ALWAYS easier then opening up 0XXX(X) extension ranges. You're asking for a lot of further issues if you do that.

Then again, it's just my opinion.

-Chris

Comment

I agree. I would put some pressure on your LEC. Get them to give you the DID's that you want that will fit in with your dial plan. Or look for another provider that will give you what you want.

Comment

All, Thanks for the replies. I am pursuing other Telcos for a range that fits but thought maybe this was easier. I guess not. Are any of you gong to Seattle next week for User Group? If so, I'd like to meet some of the ones who have been so helpful with my questions. This board has saved me a lot of pain.

Thanks again all.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
              X