Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDN Name on Avaya

Hi,
    I'm trying to gather some information from my Definity G3si PBX using a pool of
    phone numbers. We are using Avaya IP Agent softphone. When calls are received, the VDN name
    appears as the number that was called. I primarily need the number that was called (DNIS).
    I do know that if the VDN name is left in blank, the extension appears as the
    incoming call. Can the DNIS be somehow integrated into the VDN name? Or via TAPI would there be
    a way to gather this information?
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Ray

Re: VDN Name on Avaya

Originally posted by Ray_melendez
    Hi,
    I'm trying to gather some information from my Definity G3si PBX using a pool of
    phone numbers. We are using Avaya IP Agent softphone. When calls are received, the VDN name
    appears as the number that was called. I primarily need the number that was called (DNIS).
    I do know that if the VDN name is left in blank, the extension appears as the
    incoming call. Can the DNIS be somehow integrated into the VDN name? Or via TAPI would there be
    a way to gather this information?
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Ray
    Put the DNIS numbers in the NAME field. if you care xfering through multiple VDNs make sure "Allow VDN Override? y" is set on each subsiquent VDN. That will insure the original VDN name will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by G3Rtech
      Put the DNIS numbers in the NAME field. if you care xfering through multiple VDNs make sure "Allow VDN Override? y" is set on each subsiquent VDN. That will insure the original VDN name will show up.
      That is what I wanted to do but using Avaya's Site Administrator application, I did not find out how to place that in there. Since this can be more that one DNIS it would change so I assume there might be a way of placing it as a variable or field somehow. I'd would appreciate it if anyone can tell me how this can be done.
      thanks,
      ray
      Last edited by Ray_melendez; February 24th, 2004, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_melendez
        That is what I wanted to do but using Avaya's Site Administrator application, I did not find out how to place that in there. Since this can be more that one DNIS it would change so I assume there might be a way of placing it as a variable or field somehow. I'd would appreciate it if anyone can tell me how this can be done.
        thanks,
        ray
        change vdn xxxx where xxxx is the VDN number.

VDNs and DNISs are a one-to-one correlation. Only ONE DNIS can be associated with a VDN unless you are converting the DNIS digits using the trunk group ICHT. However, multiple VDNs, and hence multiple DNIS, may be assigned to a single vector.

.al.

Comment

Originally posted by ahays
          change vdn xxxx where xxxx is the VDN number.

VDNs and DNISs are a one-to-one correlation. Only ONE DNIS can be associated with a VDN unless you are converting the DNIS digits using the trunk group ICHT. However, multiple VDNs, and hence multiple DNIS, may be assigned to a single vector.

.al.
          I have about 4 toll-free number and several direct numbers, they are all configured to go to the same PBX. Either number call, the same IVR is used so they will hear the same message. There are several VDN groups each assigned an extension. If I set the VDN to not overwrite I receive as the call with the VDN description, but cannot place the number there since it could have been received through either line. Since these VDN are assigned by extensions, I can only associate them with the extension/group.

Comment

Working...
          X